July 12th, 2017
Stop 1: Westside Park 321 Bedford Gardner, KS 66030
- 8:00-8:30 Registration
- 8:30-9:00 Tour of baseball fields to discuss red shale infields vs. recent ball field fine renovations and how it has impacted performance and maintenance.
Stop 2: Celebration Park 32501 W. 159th Street Gardner, KS 66030
- 9:15-12:00 Tour Celebration Park
- Tour of baseball fields to discuss red shale with Duraedge/Turface renovations and how it has impacted performance and maintenance.
- Matt Cline/Teachers Irrigation discussion on irrigation improvements on site.
- Tour of multipurpose athletic fields and discussion on renovations due to pressure of high facility use, special events and weather.
- Tour of reclaimed water system and discussion on system with Vance Rzepka/VSR Design.
- Tour of asphalt parking areas with Micropaver analysis system and long term maintenance plan development.
- Demonstration of mobile applications for security systems and cameras.
Follow up with lunch in Large Shelter at noon.